Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My lil cupcake,

This was supposed to be the winter I slapped a pair of skates on you and threw you out on to the ice. The winter that I finally learnt to skate just to be able to keep up with you. Instead, it's just cold and you are not here.

I hope there is an actual Rink of Dreams up there and that you are skating away to your hearts content.

I always thought that had you survived the experience we do not speak of, I would probably have wrapped my arms around you and never let you go. Ok, your mom might want to do that too, so I'd probably just hold on really tightly to your hand so that not one of God's creations could take you from me... but then I realised that I would probably still have slapped a pair of skates on you and thrown you out on to the ice. I also realised that I would have wanted you to do musical theatre. You wouldn't have had a choice. I would have dragged you to voice lessons. It's probably better this way, now you don't have to suffer through Khalamoni's obsessions.

Love always,

Khalamoni

No comments:

Post a Comment